jeudi 20 novembre 2008


welcome to manstreamedia.

I am a student of journalism trying to understand what is going on in the world of contemporary mass media. I am full of question and observation. I wonder who is the watchdog of media, if the media is the watchdog of democracy?

I also, unapologetically, have my biases. but so does everybody else. objective media, I have learned, exists on the wire alone as bare bones.

I welcome any critique or comment to my opinions posted here. My hope is that with time and discourse, critique and development, action can manifest the structures in which we are served our news.

I would like to begin by linking to a (relatively old) link To a National Post article from November 1st by Anne Marie Owens. I hugely enjoyed this article and wanted to share it.

I have been compiling bits of evidence about women in the political news since the beginning of the election hooplah on both sides of the border and am crafting my opinions. This is potentially feature writing territory, but whatever.

feel free to comment, this lady loves comments. enjoy.